Tiger Woods Reveals Why He Wore FootJoy Golf Shoes Instead of Nike at Press Conference

Tiger Woods created a stir Sunday when he was seen in FootJoy golf shoes during a practice round instead of a look from Nike, the golf icon’s longtime sponsor. Today, the athlete addressed his decision during a press conference with The Masters just days away. “I have very limited mobility now. With the rods and plates and screws that are in my leg, I needed something different, something that allowed me to be more stable and that’s what I’ve gone to. Nike’s been fantastic over the years of providing me with equipment and we have worked, we’ve been working on trying to find something to allow me to do this and swing again. We’re still going to continue doing it and hopefully we’ll have something soon,” Woods explained to reporters. On Sunday, Woods was photographed during a practice round at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga. Rather than Nike, the athlete wore a pair of all-black FootJoy shoes that appeared to be the brand’s Packard style that is part of its Premiere Series range. After the moment went viral, Nike issued a response. “Like golf fans around the world, we are delighted to see Tiger back on the course. He is an incredible

Follow Footwear News on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from Footwear NewsFootwear News https://ift.tt/6Sh3iIs

Post a Comment

0 Comments