Tracy Reese and Jimmy Choo Americas President Jaime Wynn Share the Complexities of Mentorship at the Black Footwear Forum

Mentorship was one of the prevailing themes at this week’s Black Footwear Forum in Detroit. Tracy Reese and Jaime Wynn offered insights into the complexities of these relationships. Reese, a CFDA board member and famed fashion designer sat alongside Wynn, the president of Jimmy Choo Americas, for a panel titled “Women.IN.” The conversation was moderated by Sheena Butler-Young, senior correspondent for Business of Fashion. During the talk, Reese said while most have had mentors without having the mentor label, “baggage” often comes with the relationship becoming a “concrete thing.” “I’ve had people decide that I would be their mentor and would ask me for answers. I’m thinking, ‘OK, I would love to be of service, but part of achieving is finding your path and doing your research and building your relationships,'” Reese explained. “If someone just hands it to you, then you don’t have the experience of earning it and creating it for yourself.” She continued, “Your journey should be so much different than mine. I started my journey four decades ago. Your journey is going to be completely different. We’re in a different world. I can share my experience with you, and if there are people that I think you should know, I would

Follow Footwear News on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from Footwear NewsFootwear News https://ift.tt/jmrMbaG

Post a Comment

0 Comments