After a Life-Altering Foot Injury, Former Restaurant Critic Danyelle Freeman Is Stepping Out With Her Own Shoe Brand

Why did Danyelle Freeman, a former restaurant critic for The New York Daily News, venture into footwear? Out of necessity, said the founder of Le Seul, the new fashion comfort line she debuted during New York Fashion Week. About five years ago, Freeman’s life was altered when her husband accidentally ran over her foot with a car. The injury and its aftermath caused permanent damage to her feet, and the entrepreneur said she searched everywhere to find shoes that she could walk in — and wanted to wear. “I used to have a closet full of beautiful shoes, and this was such an extreme change for me,” she said. “I would look at other people’s feet with envy because I was stuck in orthotics. I started wearing only long dresses because I wanted to hide my shoes.” Determined to find a solution, Freeman began to learn about the intricacies of orthotics and comfort technology. “I finally decided I would make shoes myself,” she said. A look from Le Seul’s new campaign starring model Greta Hofer. Freeman enlisted longtime shoe designer Paul Andrew as her mentor prior to his appointment as Sergio Rossi’s creative director earlier this year. From there, she began the process

Follow Footwear News on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from Footwear NewsFootwear News https://ift.tt/u47mWrd

Post a Comment

0 Comments