Amazon Names Doug Herrington as CEO of Worldwide Consumer, Replacing Dave Clark

Doug Herrington has been named as the CEO of Amazon’s consumer business, which is also known as worldwide Amazon stores. Herrington joined Amazon in 2005, where he has since helped build out the company’s consumer business by launching AmazonFresh in 2007 and leading the company’s North American consumer business Herrington replaces, Dave Clark, who previously oversaw the company’s retail and logistics business. Clark announced his exit from Amazon earlier this month, which came after 23 years with the company. The executive shared the email he sent to his team on Twitter and LinkedIn but did not announce his next venture. His resignation is effective July 1. “I am a builder at heart – it’s what drives me,” Clark wrote. “For me there has been no greater company to hone those skills than here at Amazon. As much as I have loved the ride, it is time for me to say goodbye to start a new journey.” I've had an incredible time at Amazon but it’s time for me to build again. It's what drives me. To all I've had the honor of working with: thank you for making it so much fun to come to work every day for 23 years to invent cool,

Follow Footwear News on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.



from Footwear NewsFootwear News https://footwearnews.com/2022/business/executive-moves/amazon-ceo-worldwide-consumer-dave-clark-departs-1203293876/

Post a Comment

0 Comments